What to do when you encounter a trespasser
One of our neighbors experienced the shock and horror of coming into their fenced in yard, to unwelcomed trespassers and was attacked. Luckily a nearby neighbor helped call the police and the trespassers left.
Our hearts stopped when we heard this story, sadly, it wasn't the first time.
We know since this occurance and feeling more vunerable, the house owner started researching ways to keep themselves safe in such a situation.
Naturally, people start to research, self defense classes and armed protection classes when things like this happen.
But how do we prevent this from happening in the first place?
1. Nosey neighbors are key! Having someone see something and aid in your help is more than we could ever ask for. Having a nosey neighbor can also stop trespassers before they have a chance to enter.
2. But we all don't have amazingly awesome nosey neighbors, but what's paramount in situations like this is alerts ahead of time, before you walk into the situaiton.
3. If you aren't able to utilize systems that alert you to activity or people in your yard or home (like our systems do) then make sure as you enter your garage, your yard or home, that you can see what you're walking into clearly.
4. Make sure your home is unobstructed from tall shrubs, fences (can cause visual problems so make sure you have a way to see what's on the other side) and trees can create a situation of not knowing what's around the corner.
-Good lighting is also key!
5. Carry your keys in your hands, and maybe consider carrying pepper spray for unexpected and unwanted visitors.
6. Be loud! Scream and yell so that others might help you and know you need assistance.
If you have questions on how to secure your proptery in a more preventative way, give us a quick jingle and we can help answer any questions you might have.
No complicated and expensive packages. Ask us your unique security questions and/or learn more:
curityServicesTwinCities #SaintPaul #Minneapolis #TwinCities #SecuritySystemsTwinCities #HomeSecurityInstall #BusinessSecuritySystems #BusinessSecuritySystemInstallation #HomeMonitoring #HomeMonitor #AlarmSystems #AlarmSystemsForMyHome #HomeAlarmSystemInstallation #Safe#Secure #Security #Safety #SafetySystemsForMyFamilyr #alerts #reminders #SecurityFails #crimealerts #crimealertsformyneighborhood #HomeSecuritySystems #HomeSecurityCompanies #HomeSecurity #Alarm #AlarmSystems #HomeSecuritySystem #SecuritySystems #EdinaAlarm #HomeAlarmSystems #SecuritySystemsForBusiness #trespassers